1 cup MyOrganics Walnuts, chopped
2 cups water
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup MyOrganics Brown Rice
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tsp orange zest
2 tsp Dijon mustard
2 tbsp orange juice
1/4 cup sherry vinegar
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 cup MyOrganics Dried Cranberries
1/2 red pepper, quartered lengthwise, thinly sliced
3 green onions, thinly sliced
1/2 cup snow peas, sliced
- In dry skillet, toast walnuts over medium-high heat for 1 to 2 minutes or until lightly browned.
- In medium saucepan, bring water and salt to boil. Add rice, stir well, cover and reduce heat to simmer. Cook for 40 to 45 minutes or until rice is tender and all water has been absorbed. Remove from heat. Let stand 10 minutes.
- In small bowl, combine garlic, orange zest and mustard; blend well. Whisk in orange juice and vinegar. Slowly whisk in oil and salt.
- Transfer cooked rice to large bowl.
- Add half the orange mixture and toss gently to coat well. Cool to room temperature.
- Add walnuts, cranberries, red pepper, green onions and snow peas just before serving. Toss through.
- Add remaining dressing to lightly coat vegetables. Toss again and serve.
Recipe and Photograph provided by California Walnuts