Gluten Free, Dairy Free, EGG FREE, Grain Free, Refined Sugar Free, Keto, Vegan & Paleo Friendly
Makes approx 10-12 subtly sweet, perfectly spiced, deliciously buttery, crispy, crunchy, melt in the mouth, seriously chocolaty cookies
- 1 cup Almond butter (or nut/seed butter of choice)
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 2 Tablespoons of cacao
- 2 teaspoons of pumpkin spice mix
- 3 Tablespoons of monk fruit sweetener (or 1/4 C of coconut sugar)
- 1 teaspoon of instant espresso – optional this really helps enhance the richness of the chocolate
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- 3-4 Tablespoons of roughly chopped dark chocolate for drizzling
- 1 teaspoon of maca – for hormone balance
1 – Pre-heat oven to 175’C/350’F
2 – Line a baking sheet with baking/parchment paper and set aside.
3 – Place all ingredients apart from the chocolate into a medium size bowl (or just throw it all in your trusy ol’ food processor or blender) and stir until well combined.
4 – Use a cookie scoop or spoon to place a small portion of cookie dough onto your prepare baking sheet. Then use your hands and roll into balls and use a fork to gently press down (and make a pretty pattern on top if you like)
Note – If you want a thinner, crispier cookie then feel free to press them out nice and flat.
Feel free to make them as big, small, thick or thin as you like just remember you may need to adjust the baking time slightly depending on the shape and size you choose 😉
5 – Repeat until all the mixture has been used.
6 – Once you have all your cookies shaped bake for 8-10 minutes until the tops are just set and the edges are slightly crisp.
Note – they will firm up as they cool so be careful not to over-bake.
7 – If you’re going to add the chocolate drizzle simply melt chocolate by your preferred method, drizzle over the top and finish with a sprinkling of pink salt.