Makes approx 10-12 subtly sweet, deliciously buttery, crispy on the outside, chewy in the middle, life saving cookies
- 1 cup oats/quinoa flakes/your fave Muesli
- 1 cup flour regular GF/ plain/almond/oat should all work too
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1/3 C monk fruit sweetener (or 1/2 cup coconut sugar)
- 1/2 cup cashew/almond or peanut butter butter – nut/seed/coconut butter of choice + extra for drizzling
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- A pinch of salt
- 1-2 Tablespoons of filtered water – more or less as needed.
Optional add in’s;
- 1-2 scoops of protein powder – for extra protei
- 1 teaspoon of maca – for hormone balance
1 – Pre-heat oven to 175’C/350’F
2 – Line a baking sheet with baking/parchment paper and set aside.
3 – Place all ingredients into a medium size bowl and stir until well combined. If the mix is a little dry, add a splash of water 1 tsp at a time until it holds together.
4 – Use a cookie scoop or spoon to place a small portion of cookie dough onto your prepare baking sheet. Then use your hands and roll into balls and gently press down in to desired shape and size.
Note -they don’t spread or rise much at all so shape em’ how you want em’
Feel free to make them as big, small, thick or thin as you like just remember you may need to adjust the baking time slightly depending on the shape and size you choose 😉
5 – Repeat until all the mixture has been used.
6 – Once you have all your cookies shaped bake for 8-10 minutes until the edges are golden and slightly crisp.
Note – they will continue to firm up as they cool so be careful not to over-bake.
7 – Drizzle with nut butter and devour!