60gm MyOrganics popping corn – pop it and salt it allow to cool
1/2 honey or rice malt syrup
1/2 cup coconut oil (or less if you’re not keen on flavour)
150gms 85% dark choc
1tsp coconut oil
1/2 cup roasted hazelnuts chopped (you can use any nut but hazelnuts are bitter and help cut through the sweet caramel)
- Place greaseproof paper in loaf tin
- Pop popcorn in pot as you usually would
- Set aside to cool slightly
- Place honey into saucepan & bring to boil
- Continue to boil until starts to darken in colour (caramel – you don’t want it too dark as this will affect the flavour). Swish around (no spoons) during the process so it colours evenly
- While honey is caramelising place chopped chocolate pieces into a bowl
- Melt chocolate over warm water (make sure you don’t get the chocolate too hot – it will turn to stone)
- Once honey is ready, add popped corn, roasted nuts & coconut oil into the saucepan
- Mix gently until all ingredients are well coated with delicious caramel
- Press into loaf tin (watch your fingers as it will be hot!)
- Drizzle with melted chocolate
- Give the loaf tin a few taps on the bench – get the chocolate into all the crevices!
- Put it into the fridge and allow the chocolate to set before slicing.
Recipe tips: Add your favourite nuts, seeds or dried fruit for a different flavour.
This recipe was created by Simple Nourishment www.simplenourishment.com.au