Made with nuts and organic dried fruit with a hint of orange and spice these healthy muffins are a delicious treat to nourish.
Note: This recipe is free from gluten, dairy and refined sugar.
Makes: 6 large or 12 mini muffins
Cook: 20 mins
3 large eggs
Zest of 1 orange
1/3 cup (85ml) freshly squeezed orange juice
1 1/4 cups (140g) MyOrganics almond meal
1/2 cup (75g) MyOrganics dates
1/2 cup (80g) MyOrganics mixed fruit
1/4 cup (35g) MyOrganics walnuts, chopped
2 tsp (6g) baking powder
1 tsp (2g) ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp (1g) vanilla powder
1/4 tsp nutmeg
Slivered almonds or chopped almonds to decorate (optional)
- Pre-heat fan-forced oven to 180°
- In a mixing bowl combine eggs with orange zest and juice.
- Mix in remaining ingredients and combine well.
- Pour mixture into a greased muffin tray.
- Sprinkle almonds on top (optional) and bake in oven for 20 – 25 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
These muffins are suitable to freeze. You can also top these muffins with coconut before baking.